The 34937A is a field effect transistor (FET) pre-drivers designed for three phase motor control and similar applications. The integrated circuit (IC) uses SMARTMOS technology.
The IC contains three high side FET pre-drivers and three low side FET pre-drivers. Three external bootstrap capacitors provide gate charge to the high side FETs.
The IC interfaces to a MCU via six direct input control signals, an SPI port for device setup and asynchronous reset, enable and interrupt signals. Both 5.0 and 3.0 V logic level inputs are accepted and 5.0 V logic level outputs are provided.
• Extended supply voltage operating range: 6.0 to 58 V
• Wide dead time range (50 ns to 12 s) programmable via the SPI port
• External FET gate drive capability of >1.0 A with protection
• Charge pump ensures sufficient external FET drive at low supply voltages
• Device protection against reverse charge-injection from CGD and CGS of external FETS
• Integrated overcurrent, desaturation, and phase fault-detection
• Immunity against positive or negative transient voltage spikes on the gate driver
• Current shoot-through protection built into dead time control
• Supports direct 3.3 V and 5.0 V logic interface to MCUs
• Integrated current sensing amplifier
• Device configuration and diagnostics through the SPI