The HM1487 develops a high efficiency synchronous step-down DC-DC regulator capable of delivering 6A current. The device integrates main switch and synchronous switch with very low RDS(ON) to minimize the conduction loss.
The HM1487 operates over a wide input voltage range from 4V to 23V. The DC-DC regulator adopts the instant PWM architecture to achieve fast transient responses for high step down applications and high efficiency at light load. The device provides various protection features for reliable operation. In addition, it operates at pseudo-constant frequency of 600kHz to minimize the size of inductor and capacitor.
• Low RDS(ON) for internal switches (top/bottom): 38/19 mΩ
• Wide input voltage range: 4-23V
• Instant PWM architecture to achieve fast transient responses
• Internal 1.3ms soft-start limits the inrush current
• Pseudo-constant frequency: 600kHz.
• 6A output current capability
• +/-1% internal reference voltage
• PFM/PWM selectable light load operation mode
• Optional bypass input
• Power good indicator
• Output discharge function
• Output current limit protection
• Hiccup mode output short circuit protection
• Output over voltage protection
• Input UVLO
• Over temperature protection with auto recovery
• RoHS Compliant and Halogen Free
• Compact package: QFN3x3-20
• Set Top Box
• High Power AP