HM1462 is a DC/DC Buck Controller with 2 current sense pins suitable for many multi‐output applications. It is designed to allow for operating a wide supply voltage range from 7.5V to 40V. It has both high‐side and low‐side drivers allowing synchronous configuration using two external power‐NMOS. This IC can operate in both Constant Current (CC) and Constant Voltage (CV) modes.
HM1462 operates as a DC/DC Buck Controller providing a wide range of outputs at Constant Voltage (CV) from 1.23V to 28V and the output current as high as 10A or above. It has a Constant Current(CC) mode so that output current can be set externally and at a accuracy of +/‐7%. The current mode control makes feedback control have good line and load regulation with flexible external design. There are 2 independent current limit control pins in addition to the CC setting for added flexibility of driving 2 separate loads. Each of the current limits can be set by a sense resistor at 100mV across it. Of course, output peak current limit is working during normal operation..
● Vin: 7.5V to 40V
● Vout: 3V to 28V; typical at 5V
● CC/CV Mode Control
● Burst/PFM Mode for Increased Light Load Efficiency
● Hiccup mode 1‐2S when SCP/OVP occur
NMOS peak current limit: accuracy： ~20%
Output short protection: reduce input current to
less than 20mA(RMS)
OVP(output Over‐Voltage Protection)
Output FB short protection
Temperature shut down(OTP).
● Adjustable Output Cable Resistance Compensation
● Duty: 0~98%(Toff_min=100ns, Deadtime=25~35ns)
● Switching Frequency: 150KHz(+/‐25k)
● Integrated MOSFET Driver.
● OVP: When Vfb>120%*VREF, open discharge switch ( Vout1/2). Discharge current> 50mA
● QFN‐16 Package
● Car Charger
● High‐Brightness Lighting
● General‐Purpose DC/DC Controller