Three Phase Field Effect Transistor Pre-driver
The 33937A is a field effect transistor (FET) pre-drivers designed for three phase motor control and similar applications. The integrated circuit (IC) uses SMARTMOS technology.
The IC contains three high side FET pre-drivers and three low side FET pre-drivers. Three external bootstrap capacitors provide gate charge to the high side FETs.
The IC interfaces to a MCU via six direct input control signals, an SPI port for device setup and asynchronous reset, enable and interrupt signals. Both 5.0 and 3.0 V logic level inputs are accepted and 5.0 V logic level outputs are provided.
• Fully specified from 8.0 to 40 V covers 12 and 24 V automotive systems
• Extended operating range from 6.0 to 58 V covers 12 and 42 V systems
• Greater than 1.0 A gate drive capability with protection
• Protection against reverse charge injection from CGD and CGS of external FETs
• Includes a charge pump to support full FET drive at low battery voltages
• Dead time is programmable via the SPI port
• Simultaneous output capability enabled via safe SPI command