FIXED VOLTAGE REGULATOR
3-TERMINAL 1A POSITIVE VOLTAGE REGULATORS
● Output current in excess of 1A
● No external components required
● Internal short circuit current limiting
● Output Voltage of 5V, 6V, 8V, 9V, 10V, 12V, 15V, 18V, 24V
● Internal thermal overload protection
● Output transistor safe-area compensation
● Output voltage offered in 4% tolerance
● Moisture Sensitivity Level 3
1. Input 2. Gnd 3. Output
The LM78XX series of three-terminal positive regulators,
- fixed output voltage and TO-220/TO-252 package - are
designed for a wide range of applications.
These applications include on-card regulation for elimination
of noise and distribution problems associated with single
XX = Output Voltage 5V, 6V, 8V, 9V, 10V,
point regulation. In addition, they can be used with
12V, 15V, 18V, 24V
power pass elements to make high current voltage regulators.
If adequate heat sinking is provided, each of these regulators can deliver up to 1A of output current.
Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external
components to obtain adjustable voltage and currents.
⑴ To specify an output voltage, substitute voltage value for "XX"
⑵ CI is required if regulator is located in appreciable distance from power supply filter.
⑶ Co improves stability and transient response.
2008 - Rev. 1.1