GLASS PASSIVATED JUNCTION TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR POWER 500 Watts
5 to 220 Volts
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory
Flammability Classification 94V-O
• Glass passivated chip junction in DO-15 package
• 500W surge capability at 1ms
• Excellent clamping capability
• Low zener impedance
• Fast response time: typically less than 1.0 ps from 0 volts to BV min
• High temperature soldering guaranteed: 260°C/10 seconds/.375"
,(9.5mm) lead length/5lbs., (2.3kg) tension
• Lead free in comply with EU RoHS 2011/65/EU directives
• Case: JEDEC DO-15 molded plastic
• Terminals: Axial leads, solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
• Polarity: Color band denotes cathode end
• Mounting Position: Any
• Weight: 0.015 ounce, 0.4 gram
DEVICES FOR BIPOLAR APPLICAIONS
For Bidire ctional use C or CA Suffix for types Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Rating at 25°Cambient temperature unless otherwise specified. Resistive or inductive load, 60Hz.
For Capacitive load derate current by 20%.
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation at TA=25°C, TP=1ms(Note 1, Fig.1)
Peak Pulse Current of on 10/1000µs waveform (Note 1,Fig.3)
Typical Thermal Resistance Junction to Air Lead Lengths .375",(9.5mm)
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3ms Single Half Sine-Wave Superimposed
on Rated Load(JECED Method) (Note 3)
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
TJ , TSTG
SEE TABLE 1
-65 to +175
°C / W
1.Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig. 3 and derated above TA=25°C per Fig. 2.
2.Mounted on Copper Leaf area of 1.57in2(40mm2).
3.8.3ms single half sine-wave, duty cycle= 4 pulses per minutes maximum.
4.A transient suppressor is selected according to the working peak reverse voltage (VRWM), which should be equal to or greater than the
DC or continuous peak operating voltage level.
PAGE . 1