|Description||8-bit high-speed multiplying D/A converter|
|DAC-08 Datasheet PDF : 14 Pages |
Multiplying D/A Converter
The DAC-08 series of 8-bit monolithic multiplying Digital-to-
Analog Converters provide very high-speed performance coupled
with low cost and outstanding applications flexibility.
Advanced circuit design achieves 70 ns settling times with very
low glitch and at low power consumption. Monotonic multiplying
performance is attained over a wide 20-to-1 reference current range.
Matching to within 1 LSB between reference and full-scale currents
eliminates the need for full-scale trimming in most applications.
Direct interface to all popular logic families with full noise immunity
is provided by the high swing, adjustable threshold logic inputs.
Dual complementary outputs are provided, increasing versatility
and enabling differential operation to effectively double the peak-to-
peak output swing. True high voltage compliance outputs allow
direct output voltage conversion and eliminate output op amps in
All DAC-08 series models guarantee full 8-bit monotonicity and
linearities as tight as 0.1% over the entire operating temperature
range. Device performance is essentially unchanged over the
"4.5 V to "18 V power supply range, with 37 mW power
consumption attainable at "5.0 V supplies.
The compact size and low power consumption make the DAC-08
attractive for portable and military aerospace applications.
• Fast Settling Output Current − 70 ns
• Full-Scale Current Prematched to "1.0 LSB
• Direct Interface to TTL, CMOS, ECL, HTL, PMOS
• Relative Accuracy to 0.1% Maximum Overtemperature Range
• High Output Compliance −10 V to +18 V
• True and Complemented Outputs
• Wide Range Multiplying Capability
• Low FS Current Drift − "10ppm/°C
• Wide Power Supply Range − "4.5 V to "18 V
• Low Power Consumption − 37 mW at "5.0 V
• Pb−Free Packages are Available*
• 8-Bit, 1.0 ms A-to-D Converters
• Servo-Motor and Pen Drivers
• Waveform Generators
• Audio Encoders and Attenuators
• Analog Meter Drivers
• Programmable Power Supplies
• CRT Display Drivers
• High-Speed Modems
• Other Applications where Low Cost, High Speed and Complete
Input/Output Versatility are Required
• Programmable Gain and Attenuation
• Analog-Digital Multiplication
*For additional information on our Pb−Free strategy and soldering details, please
download the ON Semiconductor Soldering and Mounting Techniques Reference
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2005
October, 2005 − Rev. 1
B1 (MSB) 5
12 B8 (LSB)
16 B8 (LSB)
9 B1 (MSB)
*SO and non−standard pinouts.
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 13 of this data sheet.
DEVICE MARKING INFORMATION
See general marking information in the device marking
section on page 13 of this data sheet.
Publication Order Number:
|Direct download click here|
|Share Link :|