Notes: (1) The device enters the Active state after any start, and remains active: for 9 clock cycles if the Device Select Bits in the Slave Address
Byte are incorrect or until 200nS after a stop ending a read or write operation.
(2) The device enters the Program state 200nS after a stop ending a write operation and continues for tWC.
(3) The device goes into the Timekeeping state 200nS after any stop, except those that initiate a nonvolatile write cycle; tWC after a stop
that initiates a nonvolatile write cycle; or 9 clock cycles after any start that is not followed by the correct Device Select Bits in the Slave
(4) For reference only and not tested.
(5) VIL = VCC x 0.1, VIH = VCC x 0.9, fSCL = 400KHz
(6) VCC = 0V
(7) VBACK = 0V
(8) VSDA = VSCL=VCC, Others = GND or VCC
(9) VSDA =VSCL=VBACK, Others = GND or VBACK
(10)VSDA = GND or VCC, VSCL = GND or VCC
(11)IOL = 3.0mA at 5V, 1mA at 2.7V
(13)Threshold voltages based on the higher of Vcc or Vback.
(14)Using recommended crystal and oscillator network applied to X1 and X2 (25°C).
(15)Typical values are for TA = 25°C
Capacitance TA = 25°C, f = 1.0 MHz, VCC = 5V
Output Capacitance (SDA, IRQ)
Input Capacitance (SCL)
VOUT = 0V
VIN = 0V
Notes: (1) This parameter is not 100% tested.
(2) The input capacitance between x1 and x2 pins can be varied between 5pF and 19.75pF by using analog trimming registers
AC Test Conditions
Input Pulse Levels
Input Rise and Fall Times
Input and Output Timing
VCC x 0.1 to VCC x 0.9
VCC x 0.5
Standard Output Load
Figure 1. Standard Output Load for testing the device with VCC = 5.0V
Equivalent AC Output Load Circuit for VCC = 5V
For VOL= 0.4V
and IOL = 3 mA
September 23, 2005