SCLS713A – MARCH 2009 – REVISED JULY 2015
TLC59212 8-Bit Open-Collector Sink Driver with Latch
•1 LBC3S (Lin BiCMOS) Process
• High Voltage Output (VOUT = 24 V)
• Output Current (IOL Maximum = 40 mA)
• Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 250 mA Per
JEDEC Standard JESD-17
• ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
– 2000-V Human Body Model (A114-A)
– 200-V Machine Model (A115-A)
– 1000-V Charged Device Model (C101)
• Lamps and Displays (LED)
The TLC59212 device is an 8-bit open-collector driver
with latch designed for 5-V VCC operation.
These circuits are positive-edge-triggered D-type flip-
flops with a direct clear (CLR) input. Information at
the data (D) input meeting the setup time
requirements is transferred to the Y output on the
positive-going edge of the clock (CLK) pulse. Clock
triggering occurs at a particular voltage level and is
not directly related to the transition time of the
positive-going pulse. When CLK is at either the high
or low level, the D-input has no effect at the output.
The TLC59212 is characterized for operation from
–40°C to 85°C.
BODY SIZE (NOM)
24.33 mm × 6.35 mm
6.50 mm × 4.40 mm
(1) For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at
the end of the data sheet.
Typical Application Diagram
An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications,
intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers. PRODUCTION DATA.