2.5V 16-Bit Bidirectional Transceiver
with 3-State Outputs
• The PI74VCX family is designed for low voltage operation
VDD = 1.8V to 3.6V
• 3.6V I/O Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
• Supports Live Insertion
• Balanced output drive, ±24mA
• Uses patented Noise Reduction Circuitry
• Typical VOLP (Output Ground Bounce)
< 0.6V at VDD = 2.5V, TA = 25ºC
• Typical VOHV (Output VOH Undershoot)
< -0.6V at VDD = 2.5V, TA = 25ºC
• Power-Off High Impedance inputs and outputs
• Industrial operation at 40°C to +85°C
• Packages available:
48-pin 240 mil. wide plastic TSSOP (A)
48-pin 300 mil. wide plastic SSOP (V)
Pericom Semiconductors PI74VCX series of logic circuits are
produced in the Companys advanced 0.35 micron CMOS
technology, achieving industry leading speed.
The PI74VCX16245 is a 16-bit bidirectional transceiver designed
for asynchronous two-way communication between data buses.
The direction control input pin (xDIR) determines the direction of
data flow through the bidirectional transceiver. The Direction and
Output Enable controls are designed to operate this device as either
two independent 8-bit transceivers or one 16-bit transceiver. The
output enable (OE) input, when HIGH, disables both A and B ports
by placing them in HIGH Z condition.
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or power
down, OE should be tied to Vcc through a pull-up resistor; the
minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current sinking
ability of the driver.
The PI74VCX family is I/O Tolerant, allowing it to operate in
mixed 1.8V/3.6V systems.
Logic Block Diagram