SURFACE MOUNT TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR POWER 400 Watts
5.0 to 220 Volts
• For surface mounted applications in order to optimize board space.
• Low profile package
• Built-in strain relief
• Glass passivated junction
• Low inductance
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory Flammability
• High temperature soldering : 260°C /10 seconds at terminals
• In compliance with EU RoHS 2002/95/EC directives
• Case: JEDEC DO-214AC,Molded plastic over passivated junction.
• Terminals: Solder plated,solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
• Polarity: Color band denotes positive end (cathode)
• Standard Packaging:12mm tape (EIA-481)
• Weight: 0.0023 ounce, 0.0679 gram
DEVICES FOR BIPOLAR APPLICATIONS
For Bidirectional use C or CA Suffix for types P4SMAJ5.0 thru types P4SMAJ220.
Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Ratings at 25°C ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation on T A = 25 OC (Notes 1,2,5, Fig.1)
Peak Forward Surge Current per Fig.5 (Note 3)
Peak Pulse Current on 10/1000µs waveform(Note 1)Fig.2
Typical Thermal Resistance Junction to Air (NOTE 2)
Operating Junction and Storage Temperature Range
PP P M
IF S M
IP P M
see Table 1
-55 to +150
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig.3 and derated above TA = 25 OC per Fig. 2.
2. Mounted on 5.0mm2 copper pads to each terminal.
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, or equivalent square wave, duty cycle = 4 pulses per minutes maximum.
4. Lead temperature at 75OC = T .
5. Peak pulse power waveform is 10/1000µS.
OC / W
PAGE . 1