Ozone Depleting Substances Policy Statement
It is the policy of Vishay Semiconductor GmbH to
1. Meet all present and future national and international statutory requirements.
2. Regularly and continuously improve the performance of our products, processes, distribution and operating
systems with respect to their impact on the health and safety of our employees and the public, as well as
their impact on the environment.
It is particular concern to control or eliminate releases of those substances into the atmosphere which are
known as ozone depleting substances (ODSs).
The Montreal Protocol (1987) and its London Amendments (1990) intend to severely restrict the use of ODSs
and forbid their use within the next ten years. Various national and international initiatives are pressing for an
earlier ban on these substances.
Vishay Semiconductor GmbH has been able to use its policy of continuous improvements to eliminate the use
of ODSs listed in the following documents.
1. Annex A, B and list of transitional substances of the Montreal Protocol and the London Amendments
2. Class I and II ozone depleting substances in the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 by the Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA) in the USA
3. Council Decision 88/540/EEC and 91/690/EEC Annex A, B and C (transitional substances) respectively.
Vishay Semiconductor GmbH can certify that our semiconductors are not manufactured with ozone depleting
substances and do not contain such substances.
We reserve the right to make changes to improve technical design
and may do so without further notice.
Parameters can vary in different applications. All operating parameters must be validated for each customer
application by the customer. Should the buyer use Vishay Semiconductors products for any unintended or
unauthorized application, the buyer shall indemnify Vishay Semiconductors against all claims, costs, damages,
and expenses, arising out of, directly or indirectly, any claim of personal damage, injury or death associated
with such unintended or unauthorized use.
Vishay Semiconductor GmbH, P.O.B. 3535, D-74025 Heilbronn, Germany
Document Number 85604
Rev. 1.5, 05-Jul-07