network access products
3 Gbps 1:16 Deserializer
with CDR and VGA
The CX02551 is a receiver IC consisting of a Variable Gain
Amplifier (VGA), limiting amplifier, CDR, and a 1:16 deserializer.
The multirate CDR maximizes jitter tolerance, minimizes
pattern-dependant jitter, and does not require an external
frequency reference. By default, upon reset, the CX02551
registers are set to operate at the SONET OC-48 specification.
However, through the serial programming interface, the
receiver can be customized to operate with data rates from
155 Mbps to 3.2 Gbps.
• 16:1 deserializer
• Integrated Variable Gain Amplifier with
adjustable slice level for long-haul systems
• Frequency-agile clock and data recovery
from NRZ data at 125 Mbps to 3.2 Gbps
• Exceeds SONET Bellcore and ITU-T
specifications for jitter tolerance, transfer
• Independent line and equipment loopbacks
• Loss of signal
• 64-pin (9mm x 9mm) BCC++ package
• 3.3V power supply