SLAS434 – JUNE 2005
-40°C to 85°C
ADS8504IBDW Tube, 20
ADS8504IBDWR Tape and Reel, 1000
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
web site at www.ti.com.
ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS(1)
over operating free-air temperature range (unless otherwise noted)(2)
Ground voltage differences DGND, AGND1, AGND2
VDIG to VANA
Maximum junction temperature
Internal power dissipation
Lead temperature (soldering, 1,6mm from case, 10 seconds)
+VANA + 0.3 V to AGND2 - 0.3 V
Indefinite short to AGND2, momentary short to VANA
-0.3 V to +VDIG + 0.3 V
(1) Stresses beyond those listed under "absolute maximum ratings" may cause permanent damage to the device. These are stress ratings
only, and functional operation of the device at these or any other conditions beyond those indicated under "recommended operating
conditions" is not implied. Exposure to absolute-maximum-rated conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.
(2) All voltage values are with respect to network ground terminal.
TA = -40°C to 85°C, fs = 250 kHz, VDIG = VANA = 5 V, using internal reference (unless otherwise noted)
Acquire and convert
Integral linearity error
Differentiall linearity error
No missing codes
Full-scale error drift
(1) LSB means least significant bit. For the 12-bit, ±10-V input ADS8504, one LSB is 4.88 mV.
(2) Typical rms noise at worst case transitions and temperatures.
(3) As measured with fixed resistors shown in Figure 23. Adjustable to zero with external potentiometer.
(4) Full-scale error is the worst case of -full-scale or +full-scale deviation from ideal first and last code transitions, divided by the transition
voltage (not divided by the full-scale range) and includes the effect of offset error.