SBAS363 – DECEMBER 2009
Low-Power, 16-Bit, 500kSPS, 4-/8-Channel Unipolar Input
ANALOG-TO-DIGITAL CONVERTERS with Serial Interface
Check for Samples: ADS8331, ADS8332
•234 Low-Power, Flexible Supply Range:
– 2.7V to 5.5V Analog Supply
– 8.7mW (250kSPS in Auto-Nap Mode,
VA = 2.7V, VBD = 1.65V)
– 14.2mW (500kSPS, VA = 2.7V, VBD = 1.65V)
• Up to 500kSPS Sampling Rate
• Excellent DC Performance:
– ±1.2 LSB Typ, ±2 LSB Max INL at 2.7V
– ±0.6 LSB Typ, –1.0/1.5 LSB Max DNL at 2.7V
– 16-Bit NMC Over Temperature
• Excellent AC Performance at 5V, fIN = 1kHz:
– 91.5dB SNR, 101dB SFDR, –100dB THD
• Flexible Analog Input Arrangement:
– On-Chip 4-/8-Channel Mux with Breakout
– Auto/Manual Channel Select and Trigger
• Other Hardware Features:
– On-Chip Conversion Clock (CCLK)
– Software/Hardware Reset
– Programmable Status/Polarity EOC/INT
– Daisy-Chain Mode
– Global CONVST (Independent of CS)
– Deep, Nap, and Auto-Nap Powerdown
– SPI™/DSP Compatible Serial Interface
– Separate I/O Supply: 1.65V to VA
– SCLK up to 40MHz (VA = VBD = 5V)
• 24-Pin 4x4 QFN and 24-Pin TSSOP(1) Packages
The ADS8331 is a low-power, 16-bit, 500k
samples-per-second (SPS) analog-to-digital converter
(ADC) with a unipolar, 4-to-1 multiplexer (mux) input.
The device includes a 16-bit capacitor-based
successive approximation register (SAR) ADC with
inherent sample and hold.
The ADS8332 is based on the same core and
includes a unipolar 8-to-1 input mux. Both devices
offer a high-speed, wide-voltage serial interface and
are capable of daisy-chain operation when multiple
converters are used.
These converters are available in 24-pin, 4x4 QFN
and 24-pin TSSOP(1) packages and are fully specified
for operation over the industrial –40°C to +85°C
Low-Power, High-Speed, SAR Converter Family
RESOLUTION/TYPE CHANNELS 500kSPS
Functional Block Diagram
• Transducer Interfaces
• Medical Instruments
• Industrial Process Control
• Data Acquisition Systems
• Automatic Test Equipment
(1) TSSOP (PW) package available Q1, 2010.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
TMS320 is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
SPI is a trademark of Motorola, Inc..
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2009, Texas Instruments Incorporated