RESTRICTIONS ON PRODUCT USE
• Toshiba Corporation, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "TOSHIBA"), reserve the right to make changes to the information
in this document, and related hardware, software and systems (collectively "Product") without notice.
• This document and any information herein may not be reproduced without prior written permission from TOSHIBA. Even with
TOSHIBA's written permission, reproduction is permissible only if reproduction is without alteration/omission.
• Though TOSHIBA works continually to improve Product's quality and reliability, Product can malfunction or fail. Customers are
responsible for complying with safety standards and for providing adequate designs and safeguards for their hardware, software and
systems which minimize risk and avoid situations in which a malfunction or failure of Product could cause loss of human life, bodily
injury or damage to property, including data loss or corruption. Before customers use the Product, create designs including the
Product, or incorporate the Product into their own applications, customers must also refer to and comply with (a) the latest versions of
all relevant TOSHIBA information, including without limitation, this document, the specifications, the data sheets and application notes
for Product and the precautions and conditions set forth in the "TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability Handbook" and (b) the
instructions for the application with which the Product will be used with or for. Customers are solely responsible for all aspects of their
own product design or applications, including but not limited to (a) determining the appropriateness of the use of this Product in such
design or applications; (b) evaluating and determining the applicability of any information contained in this document, or in charts,
diagrams, programs, algorithms, sample application circuits, or any other referenced documents; and (c) validating all operating
parameters for such designs and applications. TOSHIBA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR CUSTOMERS' PRODUCT DESIGN OR
• PRODUCT IS NEITHER INTENDED NOR WARRANTED FOR USE IN EQUIPMENTS OR SYSTEMS THAT REQUIRE
EXTRAORDINARILY HIGH LEVELS OF QUALITY AND/OR RELIABILITY, AND/OR A MALFUNCTION OR FAILURE OF WHICH
MAY CAUSE LOSS OF HUMAN LIFE, BODILY INJURY, SERIOUS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND/OR SERIOUS PUBLIC IMPACT
("UNINTENDED USE"). Except for specific applications as expressly stated in this document, Unintended Use includes, without
limitation, equipment used in nuclear facilities, equipment used in the aerospace industry, medical equipment, equipment used for
automobiles, trains, ships and other transportation, traffic signaling equipment, equipment used to control combustions or explosions,
safety devices, elevators and escalators, devices related to electric power, and equipment used in finance-related fields. IF YOU USE
PRODUCT FOR UNINTENDED USE, TOSHIBA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT. For details, please contact your
TOSHIBA sales representative.
• Do not disassemble, analyze, reverse-engineer, alter, modify, translate or copy Product, whether in whole or in part.
• Product shall not be used for or incorporated into any products or systems whose manufacture, use, or sale is prohibited under any
applicable laws or regulations.
• The information contained herein is presented only as guidance for Product use. No responsibility is assumed by TOSHIBA for any
infringement of patents or any other intellectual property rights of third parties that may result from the use of Product. No license to
any intellectual property right is granted by this document, whether express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise.
• ABSENT A WRITTEN SIGNED AGREEMENT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE RELEVANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
FOR PRODUCT, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, TOSHIBA (1) ASSUMES NO LIABILITY
WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR
LOSS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITIES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION AND
LOSS OF DATA, AND (2) DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS RELATED TO
SALE, USE OF PRODUCT, OR INFORMATION, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
• Do not use or otherwise make available Product or related software or technology for any military purposes, including without
limitation, for the design, development, use, stockpiling or manufacturing of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons or missile
technology products (mass destruction weapons). Product and related software and technology may be controlled under the
applicable export laws and regulations including, without limitation, the Japanese Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Law and the
U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Export and re-export of Product or related software or technology are strictly prohibited
except in compliance with all applicable export laws and regulations.
• Please contact your TOSHIBA sales representative for details as to environmental matters such as the RoHS compatibility of Product.
Please use Product in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations that regulate the inclusion or use of controlled substances,
including without limitation, the EU RoHS Directive. TOSHIBA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES
OCCURRING AS A RESULT OF NONCOMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.