Motorola => Freescale
|Description||Three-terminal adjustible output positive voltage regulator|
|LM317 Datasheet PDF : 10 Pages |
Order this document by LM317/D
Output Positive Voltage
The LM317 is an adjustable 3–terminal positive voltage regulator capable
of supplying in excess of 1.5 A over an output voltage range of 1.2 V to 37 V.
This voltage regulator is exceptionally easy to use and requires only two
external resistors to set the output voltage. Further, it employs internal
current limiting, thermal shutdown and safe area compensation, making it
essentially blow–out proof.
The LM317 serves a wide variety of applications including local, on card
regulation. This device can also be used to make a programmable output
regulator, or by connecting a fixed resistor between the adjustment and
output, the LM317 can be used as a precision current regulator.
• Output Current in Excess of 1.5 A
• Output Adjustable between 1.2 V and 37 V
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting Constant with Temperature
• Output Transistor Safe–Area Compensation
• Floating Operation for High Voltage Applications
• Available in Surface Mount D2PAK, and Standard 3–Lead Transistor
• Eliminates Stocking many Fixed Voltages
connected to Pin 2.
+ ǒ ) Ǔ ) ** Cin is required if regulator is located an appreciable distance from power supply filter.
** CO is not needed for stability, however, it does improve transient response.
1.25 V 1
Since IAdj is controlled to less than 100 µA, the error associated with this term is
negligible in most applications.
MOTOROLA ANALOG IC DEVICE DATA
Pin 1. Adjust
Heatsink surface (shown as terminal 4 in
case outline drawing) is connected to Pin 2.
TJ = – 40° to +125°C
TJ = 0° to +125°C Insertion Mount
© Motorola, Inc. 1996
|Direct download click here|
|Share Link :|